Sat, Aug 10|
Donnie Young Memorial Softball Tournament
Don't miss this annual event!
Time & Location
Aug 10, 2019, 8:00 AM
Vanderbilt Park, 855 S Platte River Dr, Denver, CO 80223, USA
About the Event
Don't miss the 10th Annual Donnie Young Memorial Softball Tournament in honor of Denver Police Officer Donnie Young who was tragically killed in the line of duty in 2005. Donnie was a member of CDIA and this event is in his honor. All proceeds from the softball tournament will go the the CDIA Survivors Benefit Fund which provides the families of fallen police officers in Colorado with financial assistance. We can only accommodate 8 teams so register quickly!!
- We can accommodate 8 teams (minimum 12 players per team)
- All players must be a current or retired public safety members or their family members. The exception to this is if the team can show the individual has been an instrumental supporter of the public safety community.
- Cost is $500.00 per team and all proceeds will be donated to the CDIA Survivors Benefit Fund. Cost after July 1, 2019, is $650.00 per team. Last year a lot of teams waited until game day to pay, this puts a huge financial strain on planning the event.
- This year there will be a (1) $1000.00 scholarship available. The candidates must be ages 18 to 22 and will be required to write a minimum of one page essay on the effects of drugs in our community. Please forward the essays to firstname.lastname@example.org and tournament payment to: Colorado Drug Investigators Association (CDIA) Survivors Benefit Fund, 10200 E Girard Avenue #C444 Denver, Colorado 80231.
- The deadline is July 1, 2019, for teams to get rosters and payment in to one of the contacts listed. Last year we turned teams away as we can only take 8 teams. Secure your team in the tournament by getting your payment in as soon as possible.
- We look forward to seeing everyone this year!!